Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Inauguration Day

So last Tuesday, I was getting ready for school and realized that I would much rather stay at home and watch the inauguration, than to go to my class. Though, I have to wonder what kind of unpatriotic professor decides to hold class on the day of one of the most historical presidential inaugurations that I may ever live through. Wait a second, Democratic president, BYU proffessor, the wheels are turning.

Anyway, I really enjoyed seeing the inauguration, I was awed by how many people were there. I heard that almost 2 million people came from all different parts of the United States to watch President Obama take the oath of office. (On a humorous side note, they must have been pretty disappointed at the akward situation that insued while the oath was being taken. If you don't know what I am talking about, get on YouTube.com and look up a video of Obama being sworn in. Kind of funny!) I really love the way President Obama speaks. He is very inspiring and I think that the American people in general are very excited about his presidency. I am sure that many people do not agree with his politics, but it is an awesome thing to have an African-American president, especially one who is so popular. I feel that he is the right person to break that barrier and I hope that he will do well in office.

All in all, I think that our country has a lot of reasons to celebrate. It is no small thing that power has transferred peacefully from one executive to another, especially one who would not have been able to vote 50 years ago. America has broken an important barrier this year and it is good to know that I was there to see it happen!

2 comments:

Lacey said...

I was working while it was going on and my boss made us turn the radio off cause he hates Obama.. mostly because he bet lots of people that Hillary would beat him and he ended up loosing thousands of dollars. His own fault but there was a grudge there... anyway... wish i could have heard it. I really liked this post. :)

Lacey said...

P.S. put that baby widget back on there!!!! Even if kelly doesnt like it... :) Just put it at the bottom so she doesnt have to see it. I am that babies favorite person in the world and I think I deserve to see how big it is......besides..